Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 2 Reflection

So I've noticed that action research can pretty much be anything!  Which is good and bad all at the same time...

Good in the sense that, really, especially for this class, you could choose anything!  The possibilities are endless-- technology, procedures, leadership, after-school activities, small groups, curriculum... on and on the list goes.

But also bad in that... on and on the list goes!  It's never going to end... I never knew that when I became a teacher I would also have a career in research!

But for all of us, the floodgates have opened and we are diving in face first.  Thankfully, with how action research works, I think it's going to be really difficult to belly flop!  Anytime we work towards making something better you're taking at least one step forward, it's practically impossible to take a step back.

You in?!?





3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. Have you decided what your project will be? I see that you teach 4th grade. I was moved to 4th grade this week! I will be teaching ELA/Writing/SS. Maybe we can connect our classes and share some activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words of wisdom! Do you have a project yet?

    ReplyDelete